Eigenvector is a noteskin that is compatible with any mode that uses the 9 main keys (center, cardinal directions, and diagonal directions). It provides a futuristic look and feel, which makes different modes look cohesive with each other.
(n.) a vector that points in the same direction after a linear transformation
The noteskin was named after this because of its vision to provide a direction that stays between modes.
how to use
Eigenvector is made of common files and mode-specific "interfaces".
By extracting the contents of the archive to the Noteskins folder (as opposed to the folder for one mode only), you will be performing these steps.
- Extract assets to
/Noteskins/common/Eigen.This contains data files for all modes.
- Extract metrics.ini to
/Noteskins/[mode]/Eigenvector. This will let the specific mode access the data files.
- If Stepmania is running, reload metrics and textures using F2. If not, simply start Stepmania.
That is to say, the Noteskins folder should look like this:
- [data files]
- dance/ (for example)
- Any Mode (some setup needed)
- All compatible modes in Stepmania 5 (just extract)
- All compatible modes in Etterna (just extract)
- Standalone: 4k only (on Etterna Online)
- Stepmania: dance, pump, kb7, beat, para, techno
- Etterna: dance, pump, kb7, beat